Magnetic inductive flowmeter in stainless steel
05 January 2020 | Web Article Number: ME201917559
INSTROTECH now offers Kobold’s new MIM Magnetic Inductive Flowmeter.
The updated product now features IO-Link, a short distance, bi-directional, digital, point-to-point, wired, industrial communications networking standard used for connecting digital sensors and actuators to either a type of industrial fieldbus or a type of industrial Ethernet. According to the company, the latter is a world-first in magnetic inductive flowmeters.
MIM is now also available in a remote version for medium temperatures of up to +140°C.
The MIM flowmeter was developed for measuring and monitoring smaller- and medium-sized flow of conductive liquids in pipes and operates according to the electromagnetic measurement principle.
The flow rate is calculated based on the cross-sectional area of the pipe. The measurement does not depend on the process liquid and its material properties such as density, viscosity and temperature. Two given outputs can be set to be switch, analogue or frequency.
A dosing function can also be selected, where output 1 is set as switch NPN / PNP / PP and output 2 is set as control input.
- Stainless steel design
- Flow and temperature measurement
- Monitoring, dosing and transmitter function
- Dosing function with external control input
- Coloured, multi-parameter configurable TFT-display, rotatable in 90° steps
- Bi-directional measuring
- Intuitive setup menu via 4 optical touch keys
- 2 configurable outputs (pulse- /frequency-/alarm- and analogue output)
- Grand and resettable totaliser