Industry 4.0 under spotlight at Durban industrial tech expo
05 June 2019 | Web Article Number: ME201914754
IN order to remain competitive on both the local and global stage, organisations need to gear up and retrain their teams to leverage the benefits of Industry 4.0.
That’s according to Nick Sarnadas, Portfolio Director at Specialised Exhibitions Montgomery, organisers of the KwaZulu-Natal Industrial Technology Exhibition (KITE), which is being held between 24 and 26 July 2019 at the Durban Exhibition Centre
“KITE not only provides the region with the latest trends and technology available to accelerate uptake of industry 4.0, but furthermore creates a platform for visitors to garner more knowledge. This is achieved through the carefully thought-out seminar sessions available at the free-to-attend SAIMechE Seminar Theatre,” Sarnadas said.
One of these sessions addresses how technological inventions have delivered immense benefits for businesses in all sectors in terms of cost reductions, enhanced productivity and efficiencies. According to Sarnadas, “the session will help visitors to gain an understanding into how Industry 4.0 will be the vehicle driving transformation”.
Other sessions include the free-to-attend MESA (Manufacturing Enterprise Solutions Association) special interest group, and the paid-for Lifting Equipment Association of South Africa (LEEASA) conference.
KITE 2019 showcases a broad spectrum of industrial technology from local manufacturers, suppliers and service providers who understand the idiosyncrasies and specific needs of the local market. Some of the exhibitors using KITE as a launchpad for their products and services include:
- SIYAMUVA product handling solutions incorporating zero pressure accumulation conveyors and motorised diverts as well as custom-designed pack stations, work stations and assemblies.
- Kevro’s Barron range of apparel, workwear, chef wear, sport, headwear, gifts, bags, display as well as a full end-to-end branding service solutions.
- Integration-Services engineers low cost solutions to allow users to monitor their production lines, refrigeration, power distribution and building services from their computer or smartphone.
- H.A.S.S. Industrial is focused on hearing health care in sub-Saharan Africa. It was the first company to manufacture and successfully implement custom-made hearing protection devices and hearing conservation management programmes into the South African market.
- Festo will showcase its latest range of pneumatics, electric and process automation products and solutions, including the latest and core range dynamic display. Festo will provide learning system, training and consulting solutions which will help companies to maximise their competitiveness in various industries such as the automotive, water and waste water, food and beverage, and packaging.
- Pyrotec PackMark is showcasing its Pyrotec PackLink software – a fully-integrated customised product tracking system that increases line visibility while improving efficiency by tracking waste, labour and resources, and limiting downtime by enabling critical decisions to be made on the fly.
- The Fastener Factory has a comprehensive range of quality branded products consisting of fasteners, tools, abrasives, drill bits and engineering consumables, as well as a range of bearings and power transmission products.
- Ultravalves specialises in water control valves that include ratio pressure reducing valves, Maric flow control valves, as well as a complete range of valves (50 mm to 3000 mm) suitable for the water, paper, sugar and petrochemical industries.
For more information about the exhibition or to register online to attend the event for free, visit the website at www.kznindustrial.co.za.